- Abdulla has over 20 years of experience with large banking, retail and media organisations. He was the Head of Tax at HDFC Bank Limited in his last serving role.
- His extensive experience makes him an expert at optimisation of business compliance, including structuring of policy and process framework for tax compliance, minimisation of tax cost on product/service offerings with robust reporting and compliance mechanism.
- Over the years, he has set up and managed the tax function and policies at companies like Leo Burnett, Dodsal Corporation (Franchise of Pizza Hut and KFC), HDFC Bank Limited etc.
- He has been a part of many major tax controversies – Income Tax disallowance u/s 14A, VAT applicability on repossessed vehicles, Service tax on Forex conversion, free services, issuing interchange fee and interest on credit card charges, CENVAT / ITC reversals for banks under service tax/GST regime, deemed manufacturing under Excise on Pizzas for delivery and takeaway.
- His hobbies include, reading, philately and numismatic.