Acquisitions and fund raise have become the new norm for growth for Indian businesses houses. Senior Management teams across Indian business houses are continuously focussing on acquisitions, divestments, mergers, join ventures, fund raise (both private equity and debt), re-financing, IPO etc. As they venture into these avenues of growth, various aspects need to be dealt with from a tax, regulatory and business advisory perspective.
At Transaction Square, we work with Indian business houses through their entire transaction Lifecyle. We add to their management team’s bandwidth by extending support in areas such as
- diligence (vendor diligence, dataroom management, project manage the Investors diligence teams including providing insights to their diligence issues etc.),
- identify potential areas impacting valuation and suitably approach the same,
- identify potential transaction structure (critically evaluate the same from a tax, regulatory, business and valuation perspective, maximise tax efficiencies in the structure, discussions with the potential investor on the transaction structure etc.),
- support in negotiation to the management,
- protecting interests of the management team (compensation re-alignment to market, roles re-alignment, ESOP, lock ins etc.),
- providing inputs on the risk factors identified by the investor / buyer (including contingent liabilities),
- capital gains tax planning on exit, planning use of funds realised,
- providing structure for potential exit to investor etc.
We extend extensive support in review of definitive agreements such as share purchase agreement, share subscription agreement, shareholder agreement, terms of non-compete, use of brands, related party arrangements, indemnity structures etc.